Since last blogging about it Google Photos has come along way to becoming your one stop shop for photo storage, slide show creation, and so much more.
Here are a few new tips for making sure you are getting the most out of your Google Photos app.
- Login with your personal account
- If you are using your personal phone to take photos then I highly recommend that you login with your personal Google account vs a school account
- Make sure you open up the app every once and awhile to get the backup process started.
- When the app first came out you could set it up to automatically backup your photos. You can still do this but the app requires that you open it and let it's assistant do the work for you.
- Plug it in and let it backup every night or every other night. I like to plug my phone in at night, open up the app and turn the phone over (to avid the light of my phone lighting up the room) and let the assistant back those photos up. Check it in the morning to make sure it got all the photos from the day,
- Click on the "Assistant" tab on the bottom left of the app.
- The assistant will show you the back up progress as well as create videos of a day's outing which can be saved.
- Bring up "memories" from days past, (which are always fun to reminisce over)
- You can also create Albums, Photo Books, Collages, Animations, and Movies within this tab.
There's plenty of space at Google