This tool seems like it was a long time in the making, and at launch it has a plethora of amazing Google integration tools, collaboration tools, all wrapped up in a simple to use package.
First up, let's share how you can create a new site.
- If you are in Google Drive, just click on the create button and scroll over to see "Google Sites" OR
- Visit sites.google.com/new
Once you've created a new site, add some content to it using the wide variety of tools available to you on the right hand side.
- Insert a whole Google folder
- A single document/slideshow/spreadsheet/image
- Add a URL (some sites will create a view into the page similar to iframe, others will just create a link to the page)
- Try adding a Google calendar
What to collaborate on the site with someone, add a collaborator, much in the same way you would on a Google doc. You and your collaborators can edit the site at the same time.
When you are ready, click the publish button to see the variety of options you have available to you to publish your site. (Have no fear, you can always unpublish a site after publishing which will make in unavailable for viewing)
Check out the NEW Google sites today!
Stay tuned, and stay connected.